Model of Car:
    330ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Hi people, Ive got a 2002 e46 325ci cabriolet and Just sold my 18" mv1 genuine alloys and replaced them with replica 18" m3 alloys. They just dont seem to fill the arches on the front as good as the mv1,even tho their the same tyre size(225/40/18) ive never put springs on my cars so was just wondering what you guys think? I want to drop it 35mm on the front only or will i have to drop front and back? ive heard good and bad things.i want to spend around £100. Or how about 19" to fill the arches,whats the up and downs of owning 19" full lock rubbing doesnt bother me but will it affect bushs,tracking,ball joints etc????

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    Tabbs's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe crusader View Post
    Hi people, Ive got a 2002 e46 325ci cabriolet and Just sold my 18" mv1 genuine alloys and replaced them with replica 18" m3 alloys. They just dont seem to fill the arches on the front as good as the mv1,even tho their the same tyre size(225/40/18) ive never put springs on my cars so was just wondering what you guys think? I want to drop it 35mm on the front only or will i have to drop front and back? ive heard good and bad things.i want to spend around £100. Or how about 19" to fill the arches,whats the up and downs of owning 19" full lock rubbing doesnt bother me but will it affect bushs,tracking,ball joints etc????

Thanks
    your in double luck mate, firstly because i have a set of four movin 19 inch alloys which i havent had time to advertise because its too cold to clean the wheels just yet. I swapped them for my 19inch hamanns which were 10 inches wide on the rears and caused me a few issues with cornering at high speeds. I've since found another pair of alloys which i prefer the leek of.

Secondly i'm also in bristol so if you wish you can come and have a look at them and decide if you like them of not. They are 8.5 inches wide at the front and 9.5 inches wide at the back. Designed with the 3 series in mind so they shouldn'y cause any problems.

As for lowering the car????? If you had said lower the back i would have said don't bother because their pretty low already, as for the fronts i can understand your dilema, i was thinking about doing the same thing in the near future. the car just doesn't look right to me because its very low on the back and a bit high on the front. If your considering doing it PM me as i have a link in protyres who is very very good at this sort of thing and can do you a good deal.

if you want to know what the car feels like on 19s then i can take you for a spin in mine and let you decide for yourself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tabbs For This Useful Post:

coupe crusader (10-02-2009)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    STU-325's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Space Ship
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Touch
    Car Body Type:
    Bus

Thanks
    i have 19's as well, its a little harder ride but tbh they fill the arches and looks good so no need to lower!

My 330 ci M-Sport on 19 inch staggared dished wheels: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...php?albumid=77

If you need wheel advice and if Protyre cannot help you:
    http://swtyres.co.uk/

With you question about bushes, tracking, etc, i have not had a big problem with them on most of my cars but yes the bushes may wear a little faster and if you hit a pot hole hard you would put the tracking out, but thats but of the fun!. I have found that withe the 255x30x19 on the rear and 235x35x19 on the front the car handles so well!

Stu

6. The Following User Says Thank You to STU-325 For This Useful Post:

coupe crusader (10-02-2009)