BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E46 3??ti - Compact Coilovers

13K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  osomar 
#1 ·
Will coilovers from a Touring, Estate, Convertible, Cabrio fit my Compact ?

#3 ·
As far as I'm aware coilovers for E46 are universal fitment.. some state 4cyl or 6cyl only but if you look at the likes of hottuning's coilover sets they are simply E46 fitment.

I do know from experience though that on the compact you need shortened front droplinks when going more than 50mm on the front :thumbsup

#4 ·
As far as I'm aware coilovers for E46 are universal fitment.. some state 4cyl or 6cyl only but if you look at the likes of hottuning's coilover sets they are simply E46 fitment.

I do know from experience though that on the compact you need shortened front droplinks when going more than 50mm on the front :thumbsup
Thats why mines knocking on the front then were can i get these from mate ?

#8 ·
I agree, although based on some preliminary searches, a set of coilovers of a half decent brand seem around the price as a suspension kit of a half-decent brand, sometimes cheaper. Sort of flip a coin moment I think :D I might just opt for OEM shocks and stick on good brand springs, split the difference.

In fact, no, based on the deals HT has, I'll contact HT as well :thumbsup

#9 ·
Depending on your budget the Weitec suspension kits are awesome, aswell as the H&R cup kits.. also for mid range good coilies you can't go far wrong with AP :thumbsup

Reactions: Cendrian
#10 ·
Based on the prices I seen online, they ranged from like 600-900 notes for a good brand suspension kit (shocks+springs), which is more than I'm prepared to spend, its not like I'm tracking or going crazy power etc. I don't need top spec, just decent spec for better suspension than stock for use on the roads for daily driving with some periods of giggle-fun.

This in comparison to £165 notes for a coilover set delivered from HT in Belgium, with a 3 year guarantee. At that price its easily affordable to replace the whole set after 3 years if need be. Unless they're absolutely awful, I think thats a real bargain.

#15 ·
If your getting HT coilovers ask them to include the shortened droplinks.. did it for £25 (I think!) extra when I got mine!

If not they are normally sold on ebay for £30-45 or thereabouts..

Like I said, for the money you can't go wrong with HT even if it's only temporary.. And I can't recommend Weitec enough!

Along with StanceWhore's recommendation for the AP coilovers (again I've heard plenty of positive things!) you've got a tough decision :thumbsup

Reactions: Cendrian
#17 ·
Yeah good point, I think it is more for bigger drops.. handy to have though for the sake of £25-30 :thumbsup

#19 ·
Hey guys, I've got ap coilovers aswell and mine is knocking too especially when i reverse. What's the solution here people? Thanks
O

#21 ·
is that for the front and the back dude?
I don't suppose you have a link to buy the right sized droplinks?

Cheers :)

#24 ·
Thanks Guys. Bought them already and perfect fit....
Great coilovers and no noice now...
Perfect.... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.