BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2001 E46 330i saloon lowering advice...

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  vauxfan 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2001 E46 330i SE manual on 18" wheels and was thinking about purchasing either the Eibach pro spring kit or the H&R spring kit.

I think the H&R kit would be better for me as its 35mm drop at the front and 20mm rear which i would prefer over the 30mm/25mm Eibach kit.

Would it be ok to use these springs with my original shocks? It wouldnt be a permanent thing as i will be upgrading the shocks at a later date when i can afford to! Or is it going to cause any serious issues?

Thanks

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thanks for your advice guys, much appreciated.

Its so difficult to choose theres so many options. Ive not heard of Monroe shocks before are they good?

I dont know how low to go, i just want to get rid of the big gap in the front arch and stiffen the car up a bit. I think coilovers would be a bit overkill for me but im willing to wait and spend a bit more on a good quality suspension kit.

How much would you recommend i lower the car without causing any rubbing etc? Some of the kits lower 50-55mm at the front, is this too much?

Thanks again for your help :)

#9 ·
i use eibach pro's, they are spot on, they are 1 of the only spring makers designed to work with bmws own standard shocks! in fact they feel just like standard sports springs on the car when driving around town. I have also realised that the eibach springs will work perfectly with the m sport dampers, as they are designed to be a little stiffer than the sports eqivalent, and as you know the m sports ride a little lower too!
if i was to replace my shocks, then for me the upgrade now would be m sport dampers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.