BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2001 E46 316ti 4 wheel alignment

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  redadair 
#1 ·
yesterday i was off work and seen as ive had my car lowered and changed wheels in the past few weeks i was planning on having a 4 wheel alignment done!

i rang about 10 normal tyre places who mainly did just laser tracking and the few places that did 4 wheel alignment told me they cant do the back and could only track my car??

is this right?? i havent rang bmw or an indie yet but hope someone here can advise me on this before i go any further??

cheers in advance! :D

#2 ·
Ive had mine 4 wheel alligned mate :confused

#3 ·
the rear is easily done by slackening the trailing arm mounting brackets.
steer clear of those places that say it cant be done...they're ijits.
i'm not up on my welsh geography,but how far are you from demon tweeks?...they might be able to help,or suggest somewhere :)

#4 ·
yesterday i was off work and seen as ive had my car lowered and changed wheels in the past few weeks i was planning on having a 4 wheel alignment done!

I rang about 10 normal tyre places who mainly did just laser tracking and the few places that did 4 wheel alignment told me they cant do the back and could only track my car??

Is this right?? I havent rang bmw or an indie yet but hope someone here can advise me on this before i go any further??

Cheers in advance! :d
someone once told me they need a special tool to do the rearson e36 and e46 models...? Is this correct? Or is he just a fanny?

#5 ·
I think BMW weight the car down etc when they do it (they call it a KDS and charge £250 for it!).

I had mine done earlier this year after having my wishbone replaced (the same indy did it) I paid £105. I should think that any garage that normally deals wirth BM's shouldn't have any issues doing it. From what I can work out, its a fairly common requirement on BM's - after any work has been done on the suspension plus periodic checks to ensure the handling remains as good as they designed it to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.