Model of Car:
    735is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    I am Going to the Nürburgring in may and as the car needs to go in for a service very soon and also the brake fluid light has just come on so that needs changing I am looking at changing a few things ready for the trip.

Brake pads: now for the ring there's going to be some heavy breaking going on so was thinking of some Ferodo DS pads but I am unsure whether my brakes are stock or whether they did non 4 pot callipers as well and my ones are upgrades or something as I have not been able to find any info on it, so will these fit my brembo's?
    BMW 735i 3.5i, E38 05/96>11/01 Ferodo DS Performance Pads (Front) 'Street' Product code: FDS998
    And thinking of getting some FERODO DOT 5.1 BRAKE FLUID to go with it.

Or any other recommendations? (anything but EBC Red stuff or Green stuff)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Deano16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    745i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,001 Posts
    the E38's had 4 pots as standard mate. The DS pads are very very good.

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    Bremsen Technik UK's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E92 M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    SMG
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi Tappit

As you say the Nurburgring is very hard on brakes, so i would be worth getting some high performance pads. We are the Uk distributor for Pagid RS race pads and we have a couple of options for your vehicle.

The best performing pad would be RS42 which is our entry level race pad. This compound is a good alrounder and can handle temperatures of upto 600Deg c but can also be used on road. This would also be the cheapest option in combination with our new rear only compound RS7.

Front - £200 Ex Vat
    Rear - £100 Ex Vat

An alternative would be RS29 which is our endurance material. This compound is extensively used in endurance racing and in some situations can last the entire 24 hours (normally pad changes are required 2-3 times!) and the top 10 cars in the Daytona 24hrs were all running RS29. I use this compound in my road car and is proving to give excellent wear rates for both pads and discs, and performs relatively well from cold. This compound is more expensive but will pay for itself over time as you need to replace both the discs and pads much less.

Front - £260 Ex Vat
    Rear - £180 Ex Vat

As you can see the Pagid pads are not cheap, however the performance differential between them and oe / cheaper brands is incredible. They are so much easier to modulate and the feel of the brakes is unbelieveable! Guaranteed to knock seconds off your lap times!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks
    Steve