Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Have a 1998 318iS (E36) M-Tech 4d saloon that has snapped one of the rear coil springs.

I'm quite happy with the way the car looks/drives/handles on the stock M-Tech setup, and I'm way past the stage of chavving it up so I'm looking to keep it as stock as possible.
    BMW are having a laugh if they think I'm paying £320 for a replacement pair, so it's gonna be aftermarket for me.
    I've trawled through various posts here and the general consensus seems to be that Eibach Pro springs are the way to go.

The closest I have found to stock in the spring department is the Eibach Pro spring lowering kit (part no: EIBE2021-240) which gives a 30/15 drop on a standard 318, and (if my thinking is correct) will give a 15/4 drop on the M-tech due to it already having a 15/11 drop when it left the factory.
    I can get these for £132.34 inc VAT & delivery.

The rear bushes on the front arms also need replacing and I have decided to use Lemforder replacements (E36 control arm bush set (not M3) Lemforder 10559 01) as they are half the price that BMW want.

Also on the list is the droplinks as I'm getting the odd clonk when reversing off the drive, and once again I've chosen Lemforder (E36 front anti roll bar link (10/1991>) Lemforder 10575 01) as the replacements.

Any thoughts/opinions on the above are welcomed before I commit to getting the credit card out as I don't want to have to shell out twice.

TIA

Martian

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Spirit's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type: