318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Right, im looking at gettin some springs for the car

But what do people recommend..I have £150 to play with And would like roughly 40-50mm...so its just flush or maybe hiding the tyre top

I am possibly considering the Hottuning coilies..but there have been a few bad reviews But for £195, is it worth a gamble?

My only concerns are:

1. What will the actual drop be, as i have the M-Tech shock/springs already (at least i think so? Have a look at my sig pic..is that front arch gap right..looks awful big if its already lowered And the back already covers the top of the Tyre... )

2. Will i have any wheel rubbing issues, i shall be running 18" MV1 Reps....have no idea on the ET no. etc

3. Will i completely ruin the Shocks. I dropped my last van 55mm on standard shocks with no ill effects? Are the M-Tech dampers stiffer?

Is there anything else i will need to check other than Camber/Tracking??

Any help much appreciated

Cheers,

Nim

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Have a look on the C3BMW site as they do springs for your car, RYM will be the man to talk to regarding the shocks/hottuning kit. .

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Nimr0d's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Well, i have had to bit the bullet. After encountering a road..if it can be called that, riddled wuth potholes, the O/S/F tyre has started to split down the central groove...and the shocker has started s******g its guts out..i have an oily arch

Went for the Tuningleader coilies. Had these on my first diss-astra van. Great bit of kit. £170 inc. P+P.
    The bloke is a true gentleman, Helped me no end with the fitting issues i had, and got me a new rear damper in 2 days (from germany, thats not bad) after mine broke

As far as i can see, they are no diff. to the hottuning ones....all the Hottuning, Tuningleader, UKNo1tuningshop etc. are all the same. Same gear, same prices (roughly)

If they only work on max setting, so be it I need shocks. AND..new tyres on my re-sprayed alloys on sat....so the car is coming together now...just a little bit sooner than i had planned