Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    I have searched the forum, and then searched google, and still come to a brick wall.
    I am trying to get hold of an uprated rubber spring assistor for the drivers side rear spring. I have heard they are available somewhere, to countaract the UK E36 tendancy to sit lower on the drivers side, and thus boosts the height by 15mm or something, so the car sits level. I am at a loss as to where I can actually get one from though.
    Before anyone suggests coilovers, I have considered them, but I do not want to go that low, or have a ride that firm. My plan is to get -30mm eibach springs with my already fitted m-tec dampers.
    Any idea's where I can get one from ppl, bearing in mind I dont use paypal so ebay is a no go.
    renegaderadio.co.uk - catch me live 6-8pm sundays - live DJ's, wicked & friendly chatroom, 24/7 stream, the BEST vibes of any net radio! - download my mixes free from the site

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    markyp's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Many E46 owners use them for exactly same reason (don't BeeEm learn!) and the one I got came from the main dealers (its actually an E36 part).
    Part numbers are
    - 33531136385 for 5mm,
    - 33531136386 for 7.5mm,
    - 33531136387 for 10mm

less than a tenner IIRC

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Nik-Gnashers's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    Thanks MarkyP
    Will try at my local stealers, see if they can order one for me !
    renegaderadio.co.uk - catch me live 6-8pm sundays - live DJ's, wicked & friendly chatroom, 24/7 stream, the BEST vibes of any net radio! - download my mixes free from the site

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Nik-Gnashers's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    OK, so I got the part, a spring pad 10mm part no. B33.53.1.136.387 and took it to my local indy garage. The mechanic smiled and said it wouldnt make much difference but he would fit it in about 20 mins.
    After he had got the spring off, he showed me the top & bottom pads that were already on the car, and my 'new' pad was about the same thickness :|
    He said he could modify the new pad by chopping the collar off, and mounting it under one of the other pads, so two pads, to increase thickness.
    20 mins later everything back together and parked on a level floor and...... a very slight difference but not a great deal !
    Only £22 labour, and the part was under £6, so for £30 I have a very slight difference but its still lower on the drivers side lol
    My advice - not worth the bother - if your that bothered about perfectly level I guess the only way is adjustable rear suspension to get the height the same both sides