BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1996 E36 318is Lowering kits

12K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  BMW IOW 
#1 ·
Hi people.

When i first got my e36 318is it was sat really nice and low. Not stupid low so it was rubbing or hitting anything it just sat right. But, after 2 weeks of driving it around like that i found out it had 2 snapped rear springs :hihi so thats why it was sat nice and low at the back.

So now i have 2 new rear springs but it doesnt look as nice. So i wanna lower her a touch. I can only find a -30mm front and -15mm rear kit for a 318is e36. Is this right? Would a cabriolet kit fit or would that just deck it?

Cheers for reading.

Daz

#7 ·
#9 ·
I'll never ever use Apex for as long as i live. I had an old Cav SRi years ago and the sodding rear springs were an exact copy of the originals so they never lower the rear.

What about Jamex??? I've heard they're springs are good but they're shox are a bit dodgy.

#16 ·
Some awesome looking cars there:cool

Can tell there has been a lot of time and money gone into them but I personally do not like the wheels that stick out of the arch. That's not to say that my way is the right way but it just looks hideous to me.

If I were to fit awesome wheels such as those to my car then I would have to accompany it with a wide arch kit too.

Great wheels though, must cost loads:thumbsup

#18 ·
I like a lot of the cars that are modified to the Euro Look:cool

The only thing that doesn't take my fancy is the wheels that go TOO wide, it's a shame the arches on the E36 are not wider because there are some AWESOME wheels that these guys use:cool

Your wheels don't appear to stick out TOO far, which is sensible and looks good;)

:thumbsup

#20 ·
I can't go any lower on my H&R coilovers, well unless I remove them completely:lol

I didn't fit the rear adjusters and have a boot full of ICE, I'm so low the even the snails run for cover when they hear me coming:lol:lol:lol

When those guys park up do they have to call a taxi to get to the kerb:lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.