1995 E36 318i Saloon Eibach Sportline Lowering springs

Notices
 

Thread: 1995 E36 318i Saloon Eibach Sportline Lowering springs

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. 1995 E36 318i Saloon Eibach Sportline Lowering springs 
    #1
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    SteveyBoy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    SteveyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 191 Times in 173 Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EIBACH-Sportli...item439ce294fd
    As the title says, has anybody used these?

    Are they worth the money?

    Cant decide between these in standard shocks and the hottuning coilovers on here
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #2
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    It depends on what sort of ride quality you want Steve. If you want better handling but keep the ride quality I would go for the Eibach Pro's on new shocks.
    The sportlines are quite firm...

    Nothing wrong with the hottuning coilovers, i have them fitted to mine but the ride is very firm...
     
     

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve23002 For This Useful Post:

    SteveyBoy (02-04-2010)

  5.  
    #3
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    SteveyBoy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    SteveyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 191 Times in 173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve23002 View Post
    It depends on what sort of ride quality you want Steve. If you want better handling but keep the ride quality I would go for the Eibach Pro's on new shocks.
    The sportlines are quite firm...

    Nothing wrong with the hottuning coilovers, i have them fitted to mine but the ride is very firm...
    Ok,think Ill go with the Eibachs because its pothole mania round here, its bad enough as standard, so dont want it much harsher really
     
     

  6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  7.  
    #4
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveyBoy View Post
    Ok,think Ill go with the Eibachs because its pothole mania round here, its bad enough as standard, so dont want it much harsher really
    Go for the Eiabach Pro kit Steve. Great handling and they keep a decent ride. I had a set before the coilovers and was well impressed...

    I still have the springs but keeping them until I can afford some Bilstien shocks. The pro springs are not the cheapest, but the best aftermarket springs I have come across...
     
     

  8.  
    #5
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    SteveyBoy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    SteveyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 191 Times in 173 Posts
    Do you mean these ones?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EIBACH-Pro-Kit...item3efc41dbd6

    Unsure if I need new shocks really,is there any other place than GSF to get those?
     
     

  9.  
    #6
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveyBoy View Post
    Do you mean these ones?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EIBACH-Pro-Kit...item3efc41dbd6

    Unsure if I need new shocks really,is there any other place than GSF to get those?
    They are the ones Steve...
    It all depends on your budget on where you go for shocks. I personally would go for the OE Bilstein shocks from Euro Car Parts...
     
     

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to steve23002 For This Useful Post:

    SteveyBoy (02-04-2010)

  11.  
    #7
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    SteveyBoy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    SteveyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 191 Times in 173 Posts
    These ones?
    http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/BM...hock-Absorbers

    They seem quite cheap actually

    But then combined with the springs, and I think the RTAB bushes need replacing, Im looking at £400 then fitting

    Better get saving

    Edit: It says the rear ones will only fit hatchback

    Nevermind, theres some sachs saloon ones, any good?
     
     

  12.  
    #8
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveyBoy View Post
    These ones?
    http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/BM...hock-Absorbers

    They seem quite cheap actually

    But then combined with the springs, and I think the RTAB bushes need replacing, Im looking at £400 then fitting

    Better get saving

    Edit: It says the rear ones will only fit hatchback

    Nevermind, theres some sachs saloon ones, any good?
    Nothing wrong with the Sachs ones. They are OE fit on some E36 models..
    Also when you do your RTAB's use the poweflex ones. Dont waste your time with the standard bushes...
    With all that done your car will handle like a dream mate...
     
     

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to steve23002 For This Useful Post:

    SteveyBoy (02-04-2010)

  14.  
    #9
    Guest
    Car Details
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdane36323's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    midlands
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 117 Times in 98 Posts
    Eibach springs are excellent but on the subject of shocks, it depends on how much you are lowering it? It may not be gospel but they recommend you upgrade shocks if you are lowering the car more than 30mm.

    I have bilstein b6 shocks and eibach springs, the ride is like a lower end car on potholes in regards for comfort but the handling makes up for this more than enough.
     
     

  15.  
    #10
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dane36323 View Post
    Eibach springs are excellent but on the subject of shocks, it depends on how much you are lowering it? It may not be gospel but they recommend you upgrade shocks if you are lowering the car more than 30mm.

    I have bilstein b6 shocks and eibach springs, the ride is like a lower end car on potholes in regards for comfort but the handling makes up for this more than enough.
    Correct. I would not lower more than 30mm on standard shocks. Any more and the shock is not at full travel and the ride is bloody awful and crashy..
    The B6 shocks are on my upgrade list at the moment. Funny enough I have just been looking at them...

    Id Better start saving the same as Steveyboy..
     
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts