BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1995 E36 318i Saloon Eibach Sportline Lowering springs

3K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  steve23002 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It depends on what sort of ride quality you want Steve. If you want better handling but keep the ride quality I would go for the Eibach Pro's on new shocks.
The sportlines are quite firm...:thumbsup

Nothing wrong with the hottuning coilovers, i have them fitted to mine but the ride is very firm...:thumbsup

#7 ·
G
#9 ·
Eibach springs are excellent but on the subject of shocks, it depends on how much you are lowering it? It may not be gospel but they recommend you upgrade shocks if you are lowering the car more than 30mm.

I have bilstein b6 shocks and eibach springs, the ride is like a lower end car on potholes in regards for comfort but the handling makes up for this more than enough.

#10 ·
Correct. I would not lower more than 30mm on standard shocks. Any more and the shock is not at full travel and the ride is bloody awful and crashy..:frown
The B6 shocks are on my upgrade list at the moment. Funny enough I have just been looking at them...:hihi

Id Better start saving the same as Steveyboy..:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.