Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IrlDrag View Post
    Just for ref in case anybody comes looking for this, installed the coilovers today, no major issues, tyre rubbing on the front was resolved by 10mm spacers and on the back you'll need a washer for the bottom bolt on the shock.

Other wise, very pleased, not to harsh at all, oh and you nmight want to replace the top mounts on the back, mine were oem
    Can be replaced with Z3 and M3 E46 rear shock mounts, http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...ock-Mounts.htm

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronnie For This Useful Post:

IrlDrag (14-05-2010)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    IrlDrag's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mistreku View Post
    hey, sorry to jack the thread, but what's with the drop links issue? i'm only asking because i bought a set of coilovers myself (went for JOM tho`), and i was thinking what else would i need, in order to get them fitted.

thanks,
    gabriel
    I cant say for sure, however i know there's a coup thread on there detailing the issue with the drop links being to long...

Quote Originally Posted by mistreku View Post
    just the front. size may differ tho', some ppl resolved the prob with 3mm, other with 10mm. i guess it depends on how low you wanna go..
    Two things i'd say here, A mine isnt that low at all, in fact it's prob maybe 10 - 20 mm lower than stock, and i had rubbing immediately, but the reason for this is B, my tyres are slightly out over the rims of the alloys, it's hard to explain so i'll post some snaps later on, if the tyre walls are in line with the alloy rims then i would have been ok .

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Can be replaced with Z3 and M3 E46 rear shock mounts, http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...ock-Mounts.htm
    Thanks Ronnie, I've seen posts about uprated top mounts, so perhaps i'll look about a set of those.

I've gone about 100miles or more now with the new coilovers installed, couldn't be happier, the car in general feels great now, the ride is not harsh, over taking is so much easier, the car can really put the power down on the road now, before hand i'd be lucky to get past 2 cars where as no i can sail along past them.
    bumps are a little harsh, but there again you'd expect them to be..

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    mistreku's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Two things i'd say here, A mine isnt that low at all, in fact it's prob maybe 10 - 20 mm lower than stock, and i had rubbing immediately, but the reason for this is B, my tyres are slightly out over the rims of the alloys, it's hard to explain so i'll post some snaps later on, if the tyre walls are in line with the alloy rims then i would have been ok .
    i know what you mean, they're meant to protect your rims against kerb scratches. it also depends on the offset, i presume. i just bought some 5mm spacers, i'll see it that does it for me. if now, 10mm all around. still gotta dig in the threads for the drop links. how did you resolve that on your car?

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    IrlDrag's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Well i didnt have to, my compact it seems didnt need or have any issues with the drop links, all went in easy as pie it seems..

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    mistreku's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Well i didnt have to, my compact it seems didnt need or have any issues with the drop links, all went in easy as pie it seems..
    yea, steve said the same thing. apparently, only pre '92 have this problem. different linkage for the drop links. so i'm covered!

p.s. can't wait to get them fitted as well, but still gotta buy those top mounts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234