BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1994 E36 316se how much do i chop off my springs to be real low but usable

6K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  avneet07 
#1 ·
hi every1 i wanna know how much is best to chop off my springs to make ir really low but still useable and before every1 puts how bad cut spring are i have run them on my 200sx and nove and e30 and they were spot on so just a bit of help on how much to lop off the e36 one splease guys

#33 ·
i say chop them then post some pics hope u inform ur insurance too that its been lowered i can jsut imagine their response when u tell them that uve jsut cut the springs i also dont think it will pass a mot with them will it ?

#34 ·
I just cant believe anyone would cut springs down in this day & age, with so many proper manufactured lowering springs available and so cheaply.
If your that skint, how the hell did you buy the car and afford to insure it and put juice in it ffsk !
Surely you can afford some apex coils for approx £119 for all 4 ?

#37 ·
Lol one of my colleagues at work was telling me how he got his Ford Fiesta Zetec S springs cut when he was younger and didn't know what the hell the garage was doing ... yes a dodgy mechanic did this for him! Let's just say he sold the car 3 days after enduring a hellish ride ..... take everybody's advice get some decent springs when you can mate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.