BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1990 E30 325i - Brembo brakes, will they fit?

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr OBD 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys,

Had my e30 325i for a couple of weeks now - and am loving it. Best car i've owned to be honest.

Anyways, the brakes need doing, and so im looking into upping the braking capability. I have managed to possibly get hold of a set of 7series (728i) Brembo's that i would love to get on it. Now, am i correct in thinking i could get a bracket from brembo for a 3series and get them on that way? I looked into it when i had a vauxhall, and because the calipers are universal, the right bracket would make them fit.

So - is it the same for the e30 and then the next question would be discs. Just wondering if anyone's done it before and has any methods?

chris

p.s. new to the forum - so hi to all. :)

#3 ·
Right not tooo sure if they willl go straight on but, if you know some peeps or a couple of engineering shops they will be able to make up a bracket for them...

BUT!! Brembo are not what they used to be, I have seen a lot of cars with Brembo brakes and the pedal feel is totally crap because the pistons in the calipers are just too big for the cars master cylinder, in other words you have to move the brake pedal 50ft before they do anything... so it might be worthwhile going for a kit that is suited to your car like a TAROX kit, but they are costly.

Or for the time being it might even be worthwhile getting a bigger flowing master cylinder to help with any possible pedal feel issues.

Sorry its not a clear cut answer but something else to think about as well :)

Mike

#4 ·
I can second this on the fiat coupe 20vt where the brembos come standard you had to stamp on the floor to stop the car and if not cooled correctly you will warp alot of discs also common issue on the little fiat.

#5 ·
What size wheels are you using? This will define how big the discs can be. Don't worry about warping discs. It's almost impossible.

Nothing wrong with Brembo calipers at all, but as stated, you must have the correct size pistons for your car. This can be calculated if you have your original piston sizes to hand.

#6 ·
It is very possible to warp discs... I have warped em.... on many set ups and on different qual discs.... its all about how they get used.

I have to disagree.... Brembo really are not what they used to be... don't get me wrong they work, but every Brembo kit out there has such shocking feel to them.

Mike

#9 ·
No worries man, does happen dude :( mainly on the poor qual discs. I done a load of testing a while back were we made sure all the discs were spot on prior to install etc, cleaned the back surface where the discs mounts to make sure again nothing is lifting the disc from the back and found that they were spot on when installed.... then some VERY heavy breaking and they vibrate like a bugger and aint straight when removed.

I guess some cases are down to what you have said but you would hope most techs know how to fit discs!! HAHA

Mike

#8 ·
I have warped discs on a fiat coupe and so have many friends the only way around this is by upgrading the pad setup and going to a 3G disc kit or goto a company called WMS they do very good prake kits for any car and they can make up a caliper and disc kit to suit any car we used them on track cars and general road driving and was used on my old 305bhp fiat coupe and would tear your face off when stopping this is on a track car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.