320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    03/2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Greetings to everyone on the forum. I have recently purchased 2 Dunlop SP 6060 205/55 R16 91W tires, fitted and balanced for the rear as the old tires were chewed on the inside. This came down to rear wheel alignment out of spec. The shop proceeded to align all 4 wheels electronically, but cant get the toe to come more out on the left rear wheel, and is at its max on the bracket at the rear trailing arm mounting where the 3 size 18 bolts are found. I stripped and inspected the rear trailing arm bushings but these are still brand new and have been fitted to spec by BMW dealership, but still have this annoying alignment problem. Is there a possibility of the rear trailing arm being bent? if so, any way to straighten it?It is parked in the garage a lot of the time.i am the only driver and very soft with it.i have not had any accident with the vehicle and mainly use it for long distance traveling, but at the moment the vehicle handles horribly. The rear end is very unstable, swinging from left to right. It is parked in the garage a lot of the time. I am based in South Africa, Cape Town, and the dealership wants to sell me a new arm For R10 000, just over 1000pounds which extremely ridiculous.i have
    95 000 miles (154 000km) on the clock. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    328mark's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 328i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,920 Posts
    who fitted the bushes?...there is a very definite knack in getting these bushes to sit true tbh.
    you might try having poly bushes fitted as they aren't as sensitive as the rubber bushes.
    what i've felt,what i've known
    never shined through in what i've shown.

-------------------------------------------
    PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES