BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Martyn D's E46 330ci progress thread...clean, detail and polish...24/3/2012

42K views 247 replies 57 participants last post by  schwarz82 
#1 ·
Well, i thought i should do a thread for the things i've done to the car in the last 12 months, i'm not a big modifier but am pleased with how the car has turned out.

The first show i attended was Bimmerflex last year where the car was re-mapped by BW chiptune, sorry no pics of that, but it did make a difference to how the car drove, the most noticable being the increase in lower RPM torque.

The first thing i did was a refurb of the wheels, they were in a shocking state when the car was bought
From this

To this

FULL DETAILS HERE

Next change was the pedals

Then the number plate surrounds

After that came the HID's

Then came the upgrade for the tunes

From this

To this

FULL DETAILS HERE

All the discs were changed to EBC Turbo groves with green stuff pads and calipers painted.

And finally the lights.....Angels eyes for the front

And eagle eye LED's for the rear

And the final picture from the last meet

All have been fun doing (exception being the brakes that were done by a local indy)

Thanks for looking :thumbsup

See less See more
#11 ·
Seb, Neal... Not to sure what to do next, I was planning carbon front splitters and rear diffuser, can't quite make my mind up, you can fill my head with ideas on Sunday :thumbsup
Daniel, you're right about the bulbs, I would have had some when I got the angel eyes and rear lights but they were out of stock.

#19 ·
After working this morning i thought i'd make the most of the sunny weather and take a few pics.....

A few more bits added:-

Carbon front splitters
Carbon rear diffuser
New door rubbers to both sides

Pics from today..

Thanks for looking :thumbsup

#23 ·
#28 ·
BMW wanted near on £500 for the pair, stupid money! but i managed to eventually get a good 2nd hand pair for £100, not the easiest to fit as they have a sensor wire in them to set off the airbags, doing something for the 1st time is never easy hence the 2nd one talking about a quarter of the time.

#33 ·
Sorry new on here! Dont have a clue how to start a new thread??

I have 320ci coupe facelift 03 plate.

i really want angel eyes with a hint of blue in them but just not having any luck finding them?

ive been on the phone to a company but the guy said fitting the rings is dodgy because they dont last like the old ones?? He said he can fit angel eye headlamps and a HID kit but the rings will still have a yellow tinge to them?? Im not wanting to spend all that money for yellow angel eyes!

Help please?

Thanks
Rach

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.