Model of Car:
    E46
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Good evening all, and thanks in advance....

Im looking at going into unfamilliar territory.... Im looking at buying a 328i and setting it up for track use only, brakes, suspension everything is all sorted, no problems. however I am wanting to supercharge it. as in the title im unsure on which model i will be buying. a late 36 or early 46, but this is not my problem... my problem is i am wanting to know what is the best supercharger to fit, im not talking about a supercharger kit as such i mean a supercharger from a different car of which pipe work and bracketry will be made as needed. im looking for around 6-8psi to start with standard internals as i have another engine waiting to be stripped to replace components of which i will wind up the boost =D

can anyone mention any good genuine blowers that will work with the car, as it will be a track car I can modify the bonnet to make room, i can fabricate the brackets and pipework myself

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    atec77's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    M
    Car Body Type:
    S

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eptuning View Post
    Good evening all, and thanks in advance....

Im looking at going into unfamilliar territory.... Im looking at buying a 328i and setting it up for track use only, brakes, suspension everything is all sorted, no problems. however I am wanting to supercharge it. as in the title im unsure on which model i will be buying. a late 36 or early 46, but this is not my problem... my problem is i am wanting to know what is the best supercharger to fit, im not talking about a supercharger kit as such i mean a supercharger from a different car of which pipe work and bracketry will be made as needed. im looking for around 6-8psi to start with standard internals as i have another engine waiting to be stripped to replace components of which i will wind up the boost =D

can anyone mention any good genuine blowers that will work with the car, as it will be a track car I can modify the bonnet to make room, i can fabricate the brackets and pipework myself

Chris
    I assume you have access to a breakers yard so take a look at whats available locally with a motor about the same size or a little larger , a larger unit can be spun efficiently a little slower but over driving a small unit just results in heat , do you have fabrication skills at it's actually easy to install blowers as an example for a 2l motor a Toyota sc14 works well