BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e36 323i supercharging question

9K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  markrnorton 
#1 ·
been looking at supercharge kits, cant afford one just now but in the future...... looking at an eaton m45 with inlet and outlet.

trying to work out how it would fit. I can run it off my aircon pulley and do an aircon delete so would need to have a mounting bracket made and fited somewhere but in terms of running an intercooler or larger charger maybe an eaton m62 or 112 for more power.....

would it work in a case of induction onto charger, out of charger through intercooler through maf and onto inlet manifold? or have i got some stuff in the wrong order there.

Also would it need uprated injectors?

Furthermore a stainless steel exhaust would obviously be on the cards to keep it running too hot but what can be done in terms of management, would a piggyback chip or remap be enough. I dont know too much about this and I;m trying to work out what would be needed to get it all sorted so I can maybe start pooling parts together!

#3 ·
i am looking into super charging my car at the mo a lot of kits come with own soft wear but thats for a standed car i was thinking piggy back unit i have datek one on mine that can be mapped to suit new mods and runs well with the m50 manifold swap .as for injectors you wouldnt know what you needed till you fitted kit and got it on rolling road to see what was happening with the fueling tho seems most kits do come with bigger injectors

#4 ·
brillaint thanks!

#6 ·
yeah I have been corrected, induction/intake/filter, maf, charger, cooler, inlet mani, engine. and yes and M90 I think would be best after having a chat with a guy whos doing this himself and knows more about it than me. running it off the pulley that drives the aircon pump is a reliable pulley as it is attached to the bottom end I think the hardest part will be getting a bracked that sits perfetly parallel to it. I dont want to make mega power just a good amount maybe about 260 that is safe but still better throughout the revs, so a twinscrew would be ideal really.... obviously once that's running ok I can look at increasing the powers as if It doesnt make more than 350 I may aswell have just dropped an M3 lump in it!

#8 ·
coilies on, was thinking 330ci e46 brakes.... M50 inlet needed yet too and stainless headers and custom exhaust too

#10 ·
Did you ever do this? If it can be done cheaply I'd be interested. As the standard MAF, Injectors can take 320bhp would ecu need mapping?

#11 ·
There's no substitute for cubes.

Basically forcing more air into a cylinder is great but unless you are going to lower CR you have limits, starting with a bigger engine magnifies the benefits of supercharging.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.