BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e34 525 1994 what parts would i need to super charge my car? doin it diy style

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  markrnorton 
#1 ·
can some one give me an idea on wat i would need? so i can start buying slowly lol then eventually do the whole thing :D

#3 ·
well a i'm a fast learner..n b i'd be doin a hell of alot of research...but my main problems are wat size charger would i need, intercooler, oil cooler, n then the tricky bits like plumimg it all in n weather i should go standalone ecu to accomitdate it n stuff...its not gunna be half arsed...just need some ideas for places to aquire things n where to start really...so just need pointing in the right direction...is this not wat this forum is about...asking fr peoples help on these kinda subjects? i'm not a novice,,,i've changed my engine twice...built my self an exhaust system from scratch...i just have no idea where to start when it comes to supercharging...n i'd like to have a go...

#7 ·
I dont think that was helpful.

I thought it was a 2.5 engine, anyhow.

Just to set things straight, s/c is a good way of extracting more power, if you read my thread i squeezed 230hp from the 1.9 M44, and it would have gone further with some charge cooling.
It can be done with a 'parts bin' approach but it will be alot of trial and error, and i'm not sure whether your current engine management would cope/could be mapped. You'd probably have to go for an independant ECU like Omex etc.
It all adds up.

But it is worth doing if you like a challenge, just dont underestimate the work, its not like changing an engine out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.