Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    hi everybody, I am about to supercharge mi BMW 318 i 1995 cc, ,, as it looks the engine is not prepared for such tuning, but I am gonna do this anyway,, if anybody can help me with others the laughing I'll much appreciate it . My intention is to adapt a Eaton supercharger m 45 (as I am limited budget i'm shopping on eBay ). My intention is not to super bust the engine, nor to down compression, but to use it as it is, except the ''must'' things. If anyone have any data or steps in what to do in order to get this job done please replay. Thanx a lot

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    m44lee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    supercharged 318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    hope you've got some skills in the fabbing department as you'd have to make custom manifold etc and if not it would probably cost as much as buying an off the shelf kit or a bigger engine
    cant help more than that mate as i've never seen a supercharged e46 318

SUPERCHARGED 318IS

4. hi there 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    silviubmwdriver's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    thanx 4 your replay, according to the shelf kit..didn't fine any @, to swap engine.. no way from far too many reasons, anyway in the mean time i;v done some research on internet and I found this: CR for N 42 B 20 is 10.1 so is too high for supercharging, need to be some were be twine 8, down compression is a must so I need a way to do it in a safe manner, next thing to aquire a new ECU and to build the mapping from scratch, some could down point spark plugs, a wider band O2 sensor, air temperature sensor, 120 amp alternator(need to check mine as I don't know yet its power output), anyway the list is a little bit longer , my concern(not the only one ) is about the supercharger itself, I mean: shell I adapt it straight to the inlet or through a inter cooler as the air temp is high once goes through supercharger (may be the case of different PSI in relation engine revolution and throle response once the air is to be through inter cooler as the inter cooler expand ?? )