BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E46 325i smg- Advice supercharger

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  johnm_oz 
#1 ·
Hi all

Im seriously thinking about supercharging my car i know it all depends on what you want spend but i was thinking maybe someone out there has all ready supercharged the e46 325 i and can maybe give me some advice based on their experience i was wondering how reliable the engine was afterwards how much increase in torque and hp do i need to do any other modifications like transmission, brakes, injectors, cams etc

Many thanks in advance to all helpfull advice.

Peter

#4 ·
if you are looking at kits there usualy priced between 5-8k and about 1500k fitting with set up so its not cheap.
i ive got an a new asa charger and 80% complete kit that id like to fit but no funds at the mo.pm for details if interested the kit did retail at 7k.

#8 ·
Hi everyone and thank you so much for your views and help on this matter to be quite honest i expected the gain to be a lot higher and so being i do not think that 4000 quid justifies only a 40 bhp gain so i will not be doing it plus i dont really want mess with engine itself ill just leave it stock as it is with regards to the gearbox it is a stock SMG not an auto and its only five gears its a 2002 325i i know its not very common to see them on a 325 normally see them on the M3 i think its cause they were a 1500 quid extra when the car was bought new , personally i love it and have had no trouble with it others hate it it takes a while to get used to it and personally the only advantage is not having a clutch pedal the paddle shifts on the steering wheel well only used them when i have one hand otherwise occupied other ways never.

Many thanks Peter

#9 ·
check out a-l tunings website mate:thumbsup..a lysom twinscrew supercharger will gv you way more than 40 bhp and will be at full boost way before any other supercharger out ther..they also re map your gearbox too suit.. so no problems ther either..i was in touch with them regularly and was quoted £6k supplied and fitted..even gv you a courtesy car..they are very well quoted in the bmw scene..unfortunately i still havent got the dough yet:frown..if you ask they sometimes have second hand ones too:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.