BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 e46 318ci supercharged

7K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  markrnorton 
#1 ·
Hi there people,
just got hold of an eaton m62 supercharger from a shitty mercedes clk230 kompressor. only thing worng with the supercharger is the pulley which is electro-clutch operated which is nackered.
here are some pics of were im going to mount it once i get some brackets fabricated and find a new pulley. does anyone know where i can get a pulley for this from.
once ive installed the s/c i should have a power upgrade of about 80HP taking it from 118HP to 198HP+

#4 ·
to markrnorton: im not too sure on the merc, but the pulley spins clockwise and im pretty sure the alternator belt does aswell.

to w4vy: all engine internals are good upto psi.

Does anyone know where i can get a new pulley for this?

#6 ·
be careful with pulley sizes, you dont need much on the diameter to affect boost.
When i bought my smaller pulley to up boost, i got it from pulleyboys in the states, came in about a week, billet alloy and fits exact.

try them as they do lots of different sizes, just do a google search for the website

oh, and make sure you fit the charger the correct way round !!

#7 ·
to TheEnd: im binning the EL clutch as it is burnt out thats the reason why i need i new pulley and im not to sure about the e36 pulley as there totally different from the supercharger fitment.

to markrnoton: i've had a look on there site a few times but i need the whole pulley inner, mid and outer pulleys, because it had an electric clutch pulley the wiring burnt out so ive stripped the pulley down and seems that the inner pulley the one that bolts onto the s/c has been heated up and bent into an oval shape and the outer pulley case that bolts on to the splined rotor thingy mabob has been rounded so theres no splines left in it and merc are quoting me £1500 for a whole new pulley....

#9 ·
I did have the eaton mp62 (short nose), i went for the 3.4" pulley which gave me 10.5psi of boost, about the limit with no intercooler, gave 230hp from the M44 engine.

It sounds like you have a bit of custom machining to do with yours to get it upto scratch.

i sold my s/c about 3 months back, bought a V8 for the car now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.