BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

head gaskets

6K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  masimk 
#1 · (Edited)
right i was planing to buy a PPF one but havent got around to it yet during this time ive been wondering if i should bother with it or just get a mls gasket made up this would also save me having to machining the block but possibly wouldnt be as reliable as the PPF set up.

what do you guys think?

#2 ·
jon_m3 said:
right i was planing to buy a PPF one but havent got around to it yet during this time ive been wondering if i should bother with it or just get a mls gasket made up this would also save me having to machining the block but possibly wouldntbe as reliable as the PPF set up.

what do you guys think?
Hmm, its a good question Jon, because it is much easier to go the MLS gasket route.
However I am not sure MLS do a gasket for the S50 B32, and its different to the US M3 one..

Dont PPF do a normal multilayer gasket without the cutting rings?

Am I correct in thinking you are fitting forged pistons? and conrods?

Or whats the spec your going for mate?

#3 ·
sorry by mls i dont mean the company i mean the type of gasket.

i have forged pistons and rods yes, not really building to a spec as such just want a reliable engine that will do 5/600bhp day in day out although it wont be a daily driver and ill have 3 different maps for 3 different boost levels.

i dont know if ppf do one? but i could probably get one made up in the uk anyway.

#12 ·
well ive come this far so ill get getting the cutting rings so i can [evil laugh] max the turbo [/evil laugh]

just a pain in the arse to deal with andreas as he want either my car details sent in a email or a bank transfer which i havent got time todo day to day oh and it costs money!

#17 ·
i will they should of been sent out today, i wasnt doubting thier trustworthiness (is that a word lol) but other people i mean send your details electronically over a unsecured device isnt the best of ideas so i sent details in both a email and fax.

#22 · (Edited)
BMW e46 prb im facing

hello mate i bought bmw and im new in bmw cars and the person he trick me sold me shit car :confused
can any1 help me in these matters please

BMW 1999 Model T reg e46 series 318 Model 4 door saloon car

1. when i go above 50MPH my stearing starts vibrating ive done computerised alignment they said something wrong inside steering and but if some1 make sure me this is the prb i can go further

1. second prb is heater and a/c both blowing hot air no cold air coming out and hot air is really very very hot sometimes in 1 min my car is like im in Dubai lol very hot

1. near to oil filter my there is oil leakage very slow but still leakage is leakage
    do i need to replace gas kit ?

for those above work if u guys recommend me any good cheap, reliable and good garage i will be really thankful to you
im student and i already spend 1000£ for nothing every1 maing me fool and not fixing these issue, pleasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee help me

my direct email id is masimk3@hotmail.com

Asim Khan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.