E30 M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    some say Saloon, some say Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niall_farley View Post
    yeh ive runa a few beemers and i know about the expence even my first 316 was bad 2 insure at 17 then i had a 328 and now a 728 along with all the others 2 but they wernt bmws and besides its going 2 be a weekend car and i have a mate tht works for bmw tht gets bits cheap and ive already thought about all the other expensive bits i have bigger wheels and disks from my other beemers i dnt think you need to spend 2500 on breaks 2 be fair!!! :P and tyres arent a problem the guy hu works for bmw has loosers coming in all the time geting all ther tyres replaced becouse 1 got a puncture so he sells me the almost new tyres for a 5er each tht go perfect 255/40/18 and ime sure it wont break a gearbox every year if ime only using it on weekends in the summer! trust me ive thought about the cost and this isnt going 2 happen over night ive got a fair bit saved up for it 2 get me started if i spend 6000 on the car i have 4000 for parts so far and just do the rest as money comes! the only thing i am worrying about is the gearbox atm but wele c what hapens
    don't want to sound rude, but you don't know what you are talking about.
    500rwhp and puncture repaired tyres..... good luck to you.
    A decent set of brakes WILL cost you 2k, and NO just a set of other beemer disks will not be good enough (BTW which other BMW will have good enough brakes for 500 rwhp?)
    500rwhp is SERIOUS power.
    It needs a lot of skill to contol but in the first place you need to get there. With your own limited skills and abilities you will have to take your car to someone to build it and map it, alone this will eat you budget in no time.

kind regards from another looser who changes tyres when they have a puncture.....(on his high powered car not the daily driver)

PS I agree with previous posters, try get it insured before you even start with the mods.
    E30 M3 track rat. 'til rust do us part......

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UweM3 For This Useful Post:

Boostist (27-01-2010)

PPM
    BMW Fanatic
    Thanks
    The 3.2 engine will need a lot of work to prepare this. Many have problems with the bottom bearings of the connecting rods. New correct bearing will be needed, and also ARP bolts.
    For 500bhp, you will also need to reduce the compression, and use stronger connecting rods.

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    mikaveli's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UweM3 View Post
    don't want to sound rude, but you don't know what you are talking about.
    500rwhp and puncture repaired tyres..... good luck to you.
    A decent set of brakes WILL cost you 2k, and NO just a set of other beemer disks will not be good enough (BTW which other BMW will have good enough brakes for 500 rwhp?)
    500rwhp is SERIOUS power.
    It needs a lot of skill to contol but in the first place you need to get there. With your own limited skills and abilities you will have to take your car to someone to build it and map it, alone this will eat you budget in no time.

kind regards from another looser who changes tyres when they have a puncture.....(on his high powered car not the daily driver)

PS I agree with previous posters, try get it insured before you even start with the mods.
    Yep. I only run a 328i and the running costs are really high if you actually use the power you're given.

Doing less than 6k miles a year (and those miles rack up quickly if you like to drive fast) I spend around £400 on tyres every 3-4 months. About another £300 or so on fuel each month. Plus driving just a fairly standard car fast wears everything quick (clutch, brakes, driveline bearings etc etc).

My car costs just over £6k a year to keep on the road with spirited use (including fuel and servicing etc). If I had to pay M3 prices for some of the parts you could easily add a grand onto that.

Oh - I hope/think the OP meant that the people with puctures were getting the other three (still good ones) changed at the same time. So hopefully he's not using repaired tyres...

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    mikaveli's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fazzybear View Post
    If you got the money i got a perfect starting base(although id rather you just left it as it is)
    my car is for sale, pm me for details
    Mate, I don't think that's allowed. I'd mention it too a mod that you posted that, if I were you or remove it - this forum has selling rules to prevent scammers etc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mikaveli For This Useful Post:

Boostist (27-01-2010)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    ElectricGer's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    My honest advice would be not to start tuning cars with this approach. If your asking questions about whats needed for the engine and saying big brakes aren't necessary with big BHP I would say your not ready for this type/scale of a project. If your willing to chuck money at a car without a basic understanding of how it works your gonna end up a very frustrated man.

Advice previously given should really be heeded, we would all love to spend thousands and a weekend in our garages and at the end of it all have a car spitting out 600bhp and as reliable as it gets but its not that simple.

I thought I had a basic understanding of engines until I started a rebuild on a V8 with a carb and I'm on a very steep learning curve at the minute but to go all in guns blazing and try and turbo charge an M3 Evo without experience of any engine work let alone a BMW S52, is silly TBH!!

Start of small get an old Jap turbo and rebuild that so at least you can understand how a turbo system works and along the way you will learn about engines,cams etc

PS: for that kind of BHP your gonna need to get your gearbox and diff internals Cryo-treated, any idea what this costs let alone what it is?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ElectricGer For This Useful Post:

Boostist (27-01-2010)

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    fazzybear's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Sorry my bad, didnt realise
    "A setback is just a setup for a comeback"
    AND YOU WON'T BE COMING BACK ON HERE IF YOU STICK THE FS AD HERE AGAIN. CONSIDER THIS A FINAL WARNING...MODERATING TEAM

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    robrex's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    why do this to an M3??? why not buy a cheeper 3 series with a 2.5 or similar and spend all that money on chassis and breaks and then a low blow setup? (well to start with)

as said whats the point in having power if you can't lay it down on the road. plus 4G wont get you far on an M3 but 7G on a 3G 3 series could build you one hell of a car!

i would strongly suggest you go and do some homework, understand about the extra strain this is going to put on the car, rear subframes, drive shafts etc and read other peoples real world experiences and build threads. work out what engines are best for boost. you can boost a car for less than what alot have quoted for parts above if you know what your doing. put in the research and you'll have a great car, reliable and fun.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Daytona M3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 e36
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    For 500hp(+-450whp) you do not not have to build the engine because it can hold that power.
    below are a few parts you will need for that power ,i am sure i have forgotten a few things.This are only the parts for the engine

-Turbo manifold
    -Turbo garrett gt30 or gt 35
    -Blowoff valve
    -Wastegate
    -ARP con rod bolts
    -MLS headgasket
    -ARP head studs
    - +- 550cc injectors
    -Walbro fuel pump
    -Upgrated clutch
    -Ecu tuning/stand alone tuning
    -Intercooler + piping