ive been doing alittle reading and i now have some questions, first of im looking at the possibility of building a stock BMW parts, turboed 325i. cheep as poss but using the BMW parts, the reliability and cost should be good. lets say a ruff goal would be 400bhp (fly) or more just so you guys and girls have an idea.
1. would the 325tds turbo manifold fit onto the 325i head? if so im wondering if i could use all the diesel turbo kit on the 325i (different turbo and IC tho)
2. are the rods in the 325 engine forged? as ive read that the 2.8 versions are, and with the crank i could have the larger displacement and extra strength in the stronger block. but if the 325 are forged then i'll prob just stick with those.
3. what stock pistons could i use? could i keep the standered 325i pistons? or are there any BMW pistons i could use to lower the compression and take the power.
4. with hondas you can desolder the ROM and solder in a socket (plug and play for chips) and plug in a cleaver device that links to your pc in real time so that the car can be road tuned on the go and then a new ROM can be burnt and all is done. ive got a wide band sensor for monitoring the A/F but im after info regarding what software people are using and can a stock ecu be used/ tuned?
5. what pressure can the stock map sensor read up to?