cam removal - Page 2

Notices
 

Thread: cam removal

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1.  
    #11
    BMW Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    both out ok now head off all look well little (just little spots) bit of rust on the bores probably becuase i took the engine out while it was pissing downand had to remove the plugs.
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #12
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_m3 View Post
    both out ok now head off all look well little (just little spots) bit of rust on the bores probably becuase i took the engine out while it was pissing downand had to remove the plugs.
    Yeah, dont worry about little spots of surface rust from rain etc
    its pitting or really deep corrosion that is a concern :
     
     

  4.  
    #13
    BMW Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    oh yeh mate i know its only surface when i feel little better ill strip the lot out (crank etc) clean the crud off the block/head and ill rub some fresh oil over the bores etc before wrapping it up for machining
     
     

  5.  
    #14
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_m3 View Post
    oh yeh mate i know its only surface when i feel little better ill strip the lot out (crank etc) clean the crud off the block/head and ill rub some fresh oil over the bores etc before wrapping it up for machining
    Where are you getting it machined mate?
    Fresh engine oil coating is defo a good idea
     
     

  6.  
    #15
    BMW Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    not sure yet it would be nice if i could find somewhere local to me.
     
     

  7.  
    #16
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_m3 View Post
    not sure yet it would be nice if i could find somewhere local to me.
    For sure local would be nice.
    You got any recommendations around your way?
    I think I told you about bassett down balancing?

    Would be worth a call and also Swindon race engines I think theyre called.
    neither are local I know but they may do free collection? or cheap courier
     
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts