Announcement - A Sad Day As One Of Us Is Now No Longer Here - Topshotta has died

Notices

Thread: Announcement - A Sad Day As One Of Us Is Now No Longer Here - Topshotta has died

Reply to Thread
  1. Announcement - A Sad Day As One Of Us Is Now No Longer Here - Topshotta has died 
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Thats right guys.... It is with sadness that I announce that one of BFuks original members and a moderator on this forum died last week very unexpectedly..

This user is topshotta02 as he was known on BFuk and BF US.... and he ran ChipLogic in the USA. he was a very nice guy even though I had not met him face to face we had many chats on the tinterweb and both shared a similiar passion for all things fast cars......

This is the sad story as told to me by one of his best mates stateside...Alex was only 27 years old and in previously good health :(

Essentially he hadn't been feeling well for about a month, he went to a doctor about 3 weeks ago and had a EKG, and some X-rays of his chest done. They told him he had acid reflux.. He started taking antacids. Sad, this could all have been avoided, many of us knew he hadn't been feeling well. He was very strong willed and always wanted to figure out everything on his own, but he actually went to the doctor.

We were hanging out Friday night, we went to the local 1/8th mile track and then we raced around our local highways.. We were really having fun. We took out an E60 M5 in my nitrous powered M3 all the way to 160mph.. I dropped off Alex at about 12 that night. He was going to meet our friend Howie for some late night Waffle House. Saturday morning he was working on a file that he had just installed in a 2007 VW GTI and had called the owner of the car to see how the car was doing. After that he called a mutual friend, Will, complaining of chest pains. Will called me and we both started to head over to his house just to check in on his situation. By the time we got to his house he wasn't there. He finally called 911 on his own figuring out his situation was worse then anyone could have expected. Paramedics arrived and they said Alex was still conscious but on the way to the hospital his heart stopped twice. He was rushed in for an emergency bypass. He came out of surgery on life support, but did make it more then 4 hours after that.

Alex was a really good friend to everybody. Our whole circle of friends relied on him for technical information about ANYTHING, his phone would ring none stop with all kinds of questions from us. Alex was selfless, he would spend hours helping us with out cars, he installed almost everything on my personal car. He was one of the most trust worthy people I knew.
    So Rest in Peace Alex and please keep on working on the ECU projects we were working on :( It will not be as much fun without you mate.

RIP

Andy
    Last edited by Boostist; 15-11-2007 at 20:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Thanks
    RIP Alex and if your family see this our condolences are with you at this difficult time

BFuk Moderator
    Car Details
    morerevsm3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3, and 325e
    Year of Manufacture:
    1994 and 1986
    Transmission Type:
    manual and manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe and sedan
    Thanks
    RIP, sad to hear, condolences to hes family and friends

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Inj
    Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Life is so unfair... :(
    Rest In Peace.
    Condolences

BMW Fanatic
    Thanks
    dam! RIP fella

i hate doctors i think half the time they just want to get you in and out as fast as possible.

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    I don't know that it could have been avoided and no point in thinking this way. He had friends who cared and had fun playing with cars, so a good life though too short. No point in waiting for tomorrow, though. I'm sure he would want that lesson learned.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    shane-pace's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3 s50 in a compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact

Thanks
    real shame, its good to be missed and remembered and condolences to his family and friends

Uber Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    redadair's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d Sport (E60)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    RIP dude, Red.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Unknownsoldier's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001 (51)
    Transmission Type:
    SMG
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe/Convertable
    Thanks
    I never knew the guy but he seems to have been a decent fella and well liked (plus he liked BM's something which brings us together anyways), his friends and family have my sincerest condolences.

Tom

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Anniversary now ...RIP