BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2001 E46 318ci - Can you turbo a 318ci 2.0L?

23K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  vsonix 
#1 ·
is it actually possible to turbo a 318ci 2.0L?

If so what parts would be needed... and the overall cost...

#2 ·
you can turbo most cars mate. it would be a case of trying to fine a turbo kit on the net that would be your best bet thats if they do one.

if they dont you could build a turbo kit up,

which would mean getting a turbo then getting a manifold specialy made to take the turbo etc etc the you will need to uprate the headgasket to lower the compression and the pistons etc will be a costly build mate. your better off buying a e46 m3 if your willing to chuck that sort of money at a 318ci

#4 · (Edited)
Well if you have £7000 to go buy the turbo and upgraded everything you might as well buy a M3 for that sort of money and you should have some money left to pay for insurance... :thumbsup

EDIT**

Oh more to the OP...

Turbo charger £4000 minimum

Upgraded exhaust £500

Upgraded brakes £3000

Cost of labour charge if done by professional £1500

Upgraded head - £1000

ECU Re-map - £300

That’s a sum up of things done properly I believe…

EDIT***Heres a link to a supercharge instead http://www.mstyle.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Mosselman_Supercharger_Systems_147.html as I dont know what year your car is...

#6 ·
Thats why it was a "sum up"

#8 ·
with some people getting the most out of a 4-pot is more of a challenge I think...
if you were gonna do it to a 318 engine you'd probably wanna go the whole hog and stroke it for higher displacement as well. Money would need to be of little object though. Chap on here managed to get about 500BHP out of the M44 on his e36 318is...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.