325 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    loon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Millssta View Post
    yeh only problem is with vaux' there 4 cyl are good for chargers. there v6s however are crap.. the coolant channels are so messed up and zig zaged the coolant cannot cope and isnt man enough to cool pistons 5 and 6 so resulting is blown gaskets everytime.

lowering the compression on a vaux v6 is the only key really to run a charger succesfuly or run a very low psi which would not be much noticable to be fair.
    yes i know the problems with the v6s, i was talking about bmws straigh 6, the 2l 4 pots are great for turbo's, chargers are more ilusive, as they cost more than the turbo, turbo on vauxhalls are easy. best ever cheap mod for the v6 was the 3l inlet cams, second hand best bang for buk! very lazy engines though, with very heavy flys, tend to use the red top flywheels, but then they are crap at town driving!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Banned - Rogue trading thief
    Car Details
    Millssta's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vauxfan View Post
    yes i know the problems with the v6s, i was talking about bmws straigh 6, the 2l 4 pots are great for turbo's, chargers are more ilusive, as they cost more than the turbo, turbo on vauxhalls are easy. best ever cheap mod for the v6 was the 3l inlet cams, second hand best bang for buk! very lazy engines though, with very heavy flys, tend to use the red top flywheels, but then they are crap at town driving!
    Yeh 3.0l omega cams were the best for the vectra 2.5 v6's. taking you to GSI spec. just under 200 bhp. and some nifty torque.

Other best method was the omega 3.0/3.2 lumps as they were the exect same block just bigger bores. Taken you over 200 for the price of about 300 quid!. Usable on the stock 2.5 ecu and gearbox!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12