BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E60 LCI Stereo / Audion Upgrade (Standard Stereo - No Nav, Amps etc)

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jag 
#1 ·
Hi, my first post here & ill probably be pointed in the correct direction once you guys have read my problems.
Its obviously not news to anyone that the E60 sound system is appalling - and if, like me you have the base stereo, with no amps, rear door speaker - damn this car doesnt even have Tweeters, you can understand why i need more.....But, heres my next prob, as anyone with a NORMAL Missus will understand, when u have just spent £11k on a second hand motor - she isnt too keen on me furthering my expense on a £1500 audio upgrade!
What i need is advice on a relatively cheap upgrade. Has Anyone got experience of using amps with Speaker level inputs? in real world conditions can i expect reasonable improvments in audio quality using high levels? I have an Inphase 15" sub and 1000w amp, im thinking of tapping the Speaker signal from stock and amping via an additional 4 channel amp to power some 2 way Comps for the shelf and JBL sell reasonably cheap 3 way comps (6.5" base/3.5" Mid and 2" Tweet). Im not talking Sound off competition level or to wake neighours from the adjacent city. Just a better, fuller and most importantly a clearer sound.
running this setup yes it will improve but do i need anything drastically different to obtain 'Good' quality audio.
I knw the LC6i or similar is probably something you guys may advise on but does it really make That much difference?
Any help or advice is appreciated - and if you feel i may get Ok-ish results from the equipmet i plan on using, help and advice on installation would also be welcome.
Thanks in advance, James

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.