BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E36 Stereo Harness cut off before normal colours for wiring harness. Need help identifying them.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  2DIE 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I got e36 to ISO wiring harness but the plug on the E36 was cut off and the colours of the wires I can find online are usually the colours of the wires after the plug.

Most of them will be easy to fix as I have bought another plug with wiring out of a wreck but some of the wires are the exact same colour.

The first 2 pics is what the wiring behind the head unit currently looks like (cut wires going to nothing and some bare wires without tape on them):

This picture is the ISO to E36 harness (I got the harness and wiring out of another car).

And below is what I am having trouble with, the top wires I can connect via colours but 8 of the wires are the same colour.

Yellow with red stripe and yellow with brown stripe twisted together x 2
and
Blue with brown stripe and blue with red stripe twisted together x 2

I assume they are speaker wires, while I'm sure no one will know which is left or right as they are identical I was wondering if anyone would know which is front and back perhaps or maybe positive and negitive as well?

That way it will save me of all the possible combinations of ways I could wire it wring and get it down to 50/50 chance of getting it right.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.