BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2003 E46 330ci sport, Headunit choice..

Tags
stero
6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  cforehead 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I had another thread here basically saying that my CD changer is gone- 'no disc' error on my Business stero (not sat nav one). @ first I did not really want to change the Headunit, but after much thinking i've decided to go for it and wanted some advice.

Currently i'm looking at JVC KD-AVX55 5.4" CD / DVD player or maybe JVC KD-AVX20, what you all think? are these any good? and will it fit correclty in an E46 2003(pre facelift - 52 plate). Alternative suggestions are welcome, I don't really want to spend too much, all I need is the headunit, the fascia (not sure of spelling) and any connectors? i'll be sticking with the stock speakers.

Thanks all.

#2 ·
#6 ·
With the facia plate in your link the unit will sit off centre, to the left, if you want it to be central you will have to change the bezel (the part the unit sits in) and the facia plate.
Whatever unit you get it will be difficult to get it to look like a factory fit.

#5 ·
How much do you want to spend on the head unit mate? Whats your top line? And whats your requirements? iPod, bluetooth? touch screen?

Good luck with your search :cool

#16 ·
i had to replace my head unit in me e46 330ci after the pre out chip went faulty. i put in an alpine cde-103bt head unit. i can now use my ipod and it has bluetooth for handsfree i also had an interface fitted so the buttons on the steering wheel still work. the only thing that wont work is the multichanger. all in all very impressed. my facie surrond was quite cheap but its all good. hope this helps.

#18 · (Edited)
some nice headunits, thanks for the replies all.

Ive decided to go for the Alpine CHAS634 CD changer, as i can then leave the stock headunit & save a few ££. I just wanted to know what other stuff would I need to purchase?
I read somewhere that I just need some sort of AI -NET adapter lead or something, is that it? I also heard someone mention Intravee to get track names.. have no idea what that is lol

edit**, i just spoke to car audio centre & they said that as far as they are aware you cannot connect the mp3 cd changer (Alpine CHAS634) to my car, is this correct?

ta

#19 ·
Im not too sure mate...maybe best to speak with your local stealers before you order it ;) Hopefully someone on here will know the answer for you :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.