BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 e46 318TI Compact-steering wheel controls?!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  craigmclellan 
#1 ·
Does anyone happen to know the specific adapter i need to allow my steering wheel controls to work with a Sony MEX-BT2700 head unit? Its installed and works perfectly except for the wheel controls. I read on the Sony website that for the head unit model 1 newer than mine a "4S" adapter is required, but i havent been able to find any information whatsoever on this. Any and all input hugely appreciated!

#4 ·
Get this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200666485922?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The remote control interface gets power from the ISO loom so you need to buy all of it. The facia kit obviously may not be needed if you already have it, but this kit comes with everything you need. I bought this to put an MEX-BT3800 head unit in my E46 saloon and it works perfectly.

Note: I had to take the glovebox out and pull the excess wiring and interface units further behind the dash board. There is only enough room for the head unit and the plugs at the back of it. Just thought I would add this as I did not know this until I went to push the radio in :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.