BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E65 750i M62tu Misfire cylinder 8

Tags
m62tu
4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  TheEnd 
#1 ·
Hi guys i have a great one here, i have a 55 reg E65 750i M62tu and i have a misfire cylinder 8 with cylinder cut out. The car originally came to me with the timing skipped and the exhaust camshaft out on bank 2 cyl 5-8, i have since replaced the faulty exhaust vanos and i am left with a misfire on cyl 8. I have since check and have had the car running ok, smooth running values are in and the breathers are new, the adaptions have been cleared and the valvetronic reset, but every now and again the car runs rough and misfire on cyl 8, i have swapped coil/plug from cyl 8 to cyl 5 and also the injector from 8 to 6 just so all the components are not swapped onto the same cylinder and the misfire is still present, anyone had this before? cant see the compressions being down because evry now and again it runs ok, but looking at coil loom or dme next, anyone help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.