BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Is my turbo on my 2005 BMW 120d knackered?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bmw120 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am new on here and would appreciate any info.

I have a BMW 120d the last few days I have noticed that it was losing power a bit taking a while to pick up when I put my foot down.

Then yesterday it started to smoke really bad loads of smoke bellowing out the back so I took it straight to the garage and left it with them they can't see it till next week as they are business at the moment.

I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on whether it sounds like the turbo has gone or could it be something else.

The engine sounds fine now bad noises other people have mentioned when their turbo went there was a wuring noise but mine sounds like normal if the turbo has gone would it always make a wuring noise or not.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

See less See more
#2 ·
If it IS your turbo you can either buy a brand new turbo, or a reconditioned one like i did @ a cost of about £350 for the turbo plus VAT from a company called universal Turbos. Hopefully it's just a turbo pipe which has broke which will be cheaper to fix but if its the turbo then get ready for a dent in your bank balance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.