BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E87 tyre pressure warning no reset option

20K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bkathrada 
#1 ·
:mad

I have just bout an e87 and the tyre pressure warning light won't go off!!
When trying to reset their is no option for reset
So had the garage diagnose the problem, they had mention the ecu near the footwell has been changed and does not match up to the car which is causing the the problem.

If so can the ECU be reprogrammed or is their cheaper fix as I have been quoted £400 so far which is not a guaranteed fix

#2 ·
It could just be that one of the pressure sensors have failed?

What made the garage think that the module had been replaced?
Have you asked them how they know it needs to be coded/programmed?

Some module's/ecu's can be programmed but non-dealership garages if they have the right diagnostic gear but alot of the
time it is main dealer now.

#5 ·
To LS , they dont work by pressure sensors at all on that car , there aint no wheel sensors , how it works is the rolling radius of the tyre changes when the wheel starts too lose pressure, this is monitored by the DSC system which sends the message via bus system .
i dont think the FRM ( footwell module ) as you descibe is the fault , as this is mainy for lights ect . but i could be wrong , are you sure you are trying to set it right ? you need the drivers door closed ign on term 15 (ign lights on ) scroll down though your menu with the indicator stalk , when you get to the tyre pressure warning light stop scrolling , press the end of the indicator stalk once , and a small box appears next to the warning light , the press the stalk again and hold , a tick should appear in the box , all of that will be in the owners hand book .

#6 ·
Thanks for your reply. You are right the car does not have a sensor on each wheel, however I have tried to action the reset which still does not work. However I have found that the ecu of the car does not arch the car original serial number! This may be the problem as the ecu may not be programmed with the extras. I may be wrong. I have been told by a BMW that one of the junction box is at fault.,, any suggestion. Kind regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.