BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E87 120d 2006 - Car Feeling A Bit Sluggish when driving

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bmw120 
#1 ·
For the past few weeks my car seems a bit slower and requires me to accelerate kind of harder. When I'm driving the "real time" MPG option shows that I'm doing about 9mpg when in second or third gear while accelerating very softly. Even while on cruise control it goes down to about 35mpg while doing 60mph on a flat level surface when normally I get about 49-55mpg (real time MPG)

Tyres have been checked and pumped up correctly.
Air filter has been changed about 4000 miles ago.

Fuel filter hasn't been changed since I've had the car (had the car for over 2 and a half years)

Oil is changed every 6-8 thousand miles (GM Dexos Oil) - Due for an oil change this weekend.

Coolant temperature is about 81-83 degrees after a 30 mile drive @ 65mph
haven't checked my crank case breather so not sure if its a loo-roll type that might be getting blocked?

Any ideas?

#3 ·
My EGR doesn't work, I've removed 1 of the small vac pipes because i don't want the used gas going back in to the engine. I don't this is causing the issue.

The fuel filter change seems to have sorted it a little bit. I'm going to do the main thermostat anyway as most likely it hasn't been done before and will hopefully make a difference to my MPG. Before all of this I could get 55mpg on a motorway taking it easy at 60-65mph. Now, I'm getting 45-47mpg so obviously somethings not good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.