BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

130i Valve Train Noise?

960 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Philuk 
#1 ·
Hey all!

I'm looking to buy a 2006 130i with approx 60k, FSH that seems to want for nothing. It's around £7000.

The only issue that the owner has told me of is that there can be a slight valve train noise when the engine is cold, which goes when heated up. I'm not even sure what that is, but I'm aware that this car has been known to have a ticking noise, and it doesn't sound like this is it.

Of course I'll have a listen when I go to view it in a couple of days but can anyone confirm what this issue is and if it's anything to worry about.

I'm thinking that it might just be the valve contracting due to the new heat, causing a ticking noise which then goes when it's heated up.

Any information would be great, and any thoughts on the car. I can't stretch to the 07 and this car has low mileage at a good price.

Thanks, Phil.

#2 ·
go and drive a good one as a comparison -these engines are generally good but any nasty noises and its best to walk. Also bear in mind that at this time of year especially its a buyers market, these cars are overvalued in my opinion because they are scarce but they aren't selling so quickly at the current prices so don't be in a rush.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.