BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

120d E87 06 - Brake pad's without brake pad wear sensor?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  goldbcfc 
#1 ·
I need to change my rear brake pads. I can pick up a set of brand new BOSCH pads (4 peices, 2x each wheel) for £30 but they do not contain the brake pad wear sensor. Is the brake pad wear sensor really necessary? My brake pads are down to about 3mm but still no warning light on the dash so I guess i could get away with using pads without the hole for the sensor?

#2 ·
I always get a sensor when fitting but always have to take it back as it never gets fitted if thers no fault with the original why change it saving you £10

I would get pagid pads there about £40 and the best around for money

#4 ·
What i meant was usually when doing pads i get the sensor aswell with the pads extra £10 sometimes the pads will come with sensor but when at the garage ive never actually had a sensor fitted as the technician always says why change it theres nothing wrong with the old one so normally take it back and get my £10 back sorry for confusing you...lol

You only need to change the sensor if its faulty as yours insnt so just buy rear pads get pagid,brembo or ferrodo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.