BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

is this worth the money

Tags
money worth
1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  allnightuk 
#1 ·
#2 ·
There is no reason why a car like that properly maintained will not do double that mileage without serious fault.

Most important thing with diesels is proper maintenance - check the s/h with a fine tooth comb.

With some haggling it could be a steal - a car of that age with 100k on has obviously spent it's life going up and down the motorway so should be faultless.

I think it's well worth a look!

#6 ·
That is relativley low miles - I would want a petrol if my commute was 15 miles each way.

However, a lot of people would want a diesel and there is a massive divide on this forum between the pro dervs and the againsts that should not influence your car choice. Sit down and calculate how much you will save buying this car over a 320 petrol, how long you will keep the car, residulas etc etc. Also if you prefer the power delivery from the derv lumps then that's your personal preference there are plenty who do so it's nothing to be ashamed of lol!.

If you run it gently 15 miles each way there is no reason why this car shouldn't serve you well - just make sure you do the calculations and it is actaully what you want

#5 ·
Do you really need a diesel @ that level of mileage?

When I owned a diesel it was for 40,000 miles a year.

There's a chance you'd find a petrol BMW, within budget, with lower mileage.

If you are set on diesel, search this forum for the problems with 320d's that owners report and then, best you can, assess the car your looking at in light of the information you've gleamed.

#8 ·
2008. E90 320d MSport

Are you sure the car you are interested in, is it the dynamics range with the Start/stop technology?

As I understand it, that model ( in your link ) may not have the latest technology, As the photograph of the car is the pre- up lift version.
The kidney grill gives the bodyshape away, the top chrome rail is different to mine, it is slightly wider, whereas mine is the slimmer version, and my E90 is the latest bodywork,
so the overhaul dimensions are slightly more.

I was interested in this model at the time, and knew it would fit my garage! however I purchased a later model, and it would not go in my garage!:mad

So the price actually reflects the previous model, hope this helps your decision

#10 ·
15 miles ide run a mile with the diesel thought, they are full of expensive bits under the bonnet that would potentially obliterate any fuel savings and it aint enough mileage they like and need big long regular runs to get the benefits...

diesel is 10p a litre (45-47p a gallon) dearer than petrol these days aswell which also errodes ya MPG savings even further...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.