BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

what would you buy

Tags
buy
3K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  JAstuff 
#1 ·
looking at bmw`s to buy probably in the next few weeks i got about 8-9 grand just wondering what you guys would buy.
i
If u had the money what would u get let me no or paste some links up cheers guys

#3 ·
335i E92 if you doing average miles per annum, otherwise a 2.5 diesel would suffice

#7 ·
I'd spend it on an M3...as I have my copy of Total BMW to hand they say "£9000 this should be enough to secure a really nice example but there are still wildly differing mileages - we found a two owner 2003 coupe manual with 67k miles and a 54 plate car with 130k miles - which would you buy" well I'd go for the 67k 2003 an so should you:D

#11 ·
E90/92 330i. All-round great car. New enough to prevent some of the maintenance an E46 may present you with from age.

Be careful on the 335i's. Fab car, but one that has been skimped on is a whole lot of trouble.

#14 ·
#15 ·
E39 m5 for me if I had that money without a doubt! No other car would be considered I wouldn't have thought! I may also look at monaros see what's about but probably out of price range ain't looked for a while.

But if you like smaller cars the a e46 m3 or a big seven ;) the seven has so much kit for such small money! Amazing cars!

#18 ·
At £8-9k your going to be limited on the E92 coupe's, especially the ones with good engines so I'd go E46 M3.

You don't do many miles so it's the ideal time to own an amazing car that most people won't buy because of fuel costs..

#19 ·
I would possibly go for a 330i e90 Or if your lucky you might find a 335i but don't think you will, stay away personally buying an M3 far to bigger risks to consider just because it's an M Car doesn't necessary means it's the best, take in realibility, costs including insurance, fuel, and a warranty is a must IMO.
It's a catch 22 really if you buy a 330i you wish you brought an m3 and if your m3 is going wrong every week then you wish you went 330i, so yes I would go e90-e92 personally.
E46 m3 is a superb car but a bit old hat now.

#22 ·
Just be careful as your budget won't get you the cream of the crop in E9x terms... but it will for the E46 :thumbsup

Sort of agree on the above re. E46 M3... It's 2 gens old now and while it's a great car, it's moving more into 'enthusiast' territory than daily driver IMHO. Or at least it should be unless you want to run it into the ground.

#23 ·
Just be careful as your budget won't get you the cream of the crop in E9x terms... but it will for the E46 :thumbsup

My thoughts exactly.. I've been keeping an eye on E9X prices (mainly E92s) for the last 6-8 months and there's no way you'll get a well spec'd, low mileage E92 330i/d for £8-9k..

There are a few decent looking E90's around though if it's a saloon the OP is after:

Just found these, look nice:

2005 BMW 3 SERIES 330I M SPORT AUTOMATIC (LEATHER)

2006 BMW 3 SERIES 330i SE 4dr Auto Saloon 3.0

This is the only E92 330i with under 60k on autotrader in a £9k budget:

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classi...page/1/radius/1501/postcode/np443ly?logcode=p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.