BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Take 2: 100 post limit before being able to post in FOR SALE or WANTED

753 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  mark@vorny.co.uk 
#1 ·
I take your point about the spammers etc but wouldn't 50 be more reasonable?

Apologies for posting again in a new thread but saying "this is how it is" and closing the thread doesn't allow for discussion, after all that wansn't always the rule, so things do change, in either direction.

Maybe the situation is different with classics as we're glad of the parts.

That said I have a Vectra on the drive I would gladly give parts away off but cannot post on another in for sale on another forum to do so, that's my point. People do miss out because of these rules.

#3 ·
Good point.......... and to be fair as it appears to be publicly funded at least a few people must vote that it is working well as they vote with their money ;)

#4 ·
funny how people with 48 posts or less seem to post these threads :sarcastic....Thread was closed because its been discussed hundreds of times before..

You obviously have something to sell...try Ebay/autotrader/pistonheads...

By the way you are saying all the things the last scammer said...thats exactly why we have these rules...You may be "the perfect seller" and say all the right things but so does mister scummy thieving scam artist....

End of the day we are a forum and not a place to sell stuff...If you want to have a go then blame the last scam artist that F*cked it for everybody else

#5 ·
And please don't start another thread on the same matter, the rules are in place, they've been explained all over the forum. If you really want to discuss it further, then you can PM us mods directly.

#6 ·
Yep it sucks. The majority suffer due to the actions of a few. However, we have done what we need to do in order to protect members. We are primarily a technical forum, not eBay.

If it matters, the biggest scammer we have had on here came from Vectra circles where he had scammed several forums.

Ian

#9 ·
Take a step back guys and look at it from the other side.

This forum has always prided itself on being a non profit making forum, all the mods do it for nothing, and a lot of members provide advice for nothing, one of whom has responded in this thread. Look at the number of posts he has supplied versus the amount of gain in return, pretty one-sided you'll find. (Thank you 'The End')

So 12 months ago we have a member ripped off by a seemingly 'great guy'. Seems he scammed many a forum. Funny thing was he could have been Me, StK or anybody, he was pretty convincing.

He scammed another member out of several hundred pounds. The mods felt pretty rubbish about it, here was somebody who had got through our net. That shows the passion behind the people on here who help. It was the siubject of much discussion and self loathing.

....And so the decision was made. It is a shame that honest people are disadvantaged like they are through most walks of life, but we aren't the only selling place on the interweb.

Don't blame us guys, we still clear up sales by PM that turn sour, etc.

We are here for you, and try our best :thumbsup

.... As indeed 99.9% or you do in your written contributions to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.