BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Retrofit aero wipers

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  xXNealXx 
#1 ·
Is it possible to get these for the E46?

Otherwise, i need new blades, mine are knackered. Which ones should i get? :shifty:

#2 ·
Almost certainly - they are quoted as 'suitable for most modern vehicles'. Have a look on Eurocarparts website as they're on spesh as £19.99 at the mo (just got their catalogue yesterday....I'm not a saddo....really...)
I but from E-Bay - they're not as good as OEM and only last about 18m, but at 1/2 the price of BMW parts I'm not bothered!

#5 ·
I'd personally say pay the bit of extra money and get the bosch aero flats or the retrofit ones directly from the dealer..

i've got the cheap ones off ebay and i'll be replacing them shortly (have had them 6 months).. they look good and performed ok to start, never particularly good mind you. but now when we have heavy rain they are terrible, noisy and squeek a lot when its drizzling..

#7 ·
What you really want to do is retrofit the wiper arms as well from an E90. I think they look much better than the std arms (Im talking E36)

Just need someone to measure them up, including windscreen rake and see how feasible it is.

#12 ·
I have an e46 went to the local dealer got them for £29 they fit straight on.

Give your dealer a call as they are not as expensive as you think.

My dealer even fitted them.

Just beware as the wiper arms sometimes need to be 'pushed'a little closer to the screen otherwise there is insufficient pressure to keep them rooted to the windscreen due to the dimensions of the aero blades.

Finger pressure is all thats required.:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.