BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

The parking habits of bmw drivers make me laugh !!!

Tags
habits
5K views 44 replies 34 participants last post by  MK330 
#1 ·
i went to decathlon today in the m3 and it was packed so i drove to the bottom of the carpark as i dont someone car park dinting my car up,as i was getting my little lad out a new m3 parked up next to me.it made me laugh at the extent we go to protect our motors from idiots.when i got back i chuckled more as a new vert had also parked up out of the way.

i park across two spaces as even at the bottom of a car park some muppet will go out of there way to park up against your car.

See less See more
#2 ·
i park across two spaces as even at the bottom of a car park some muppet will go out of there way to park up against your car.

I agree with everything except the parking across two spaces. Just makes people look at you and go "tut another BMW driver"

#3 ·
i dont park across two spaces but i park miles away from the shop im going to, right over in the corner under the cctv and well away from other cars.
used to drive my ex nuts!
but even then ive lost count of the amount of times ive done that and come back and there are other bmw,s parked nearby away from other cars!

#6 ·
If the car park was more than half full and everyone did the same as you, you wouldn't have anywhere to park.

#5 ·
I try to park in an end space against a curb so as to hopefully get two sides protected from others.

I used to work on a retail park and found parking a reasonable distance away from the doors just gave car theives better cover, still I suppose they had a good idea what time it would be there until which didn't help.

Used to park on a ramp on a car park near one of the railway stations in Manc. as people seemed to avoid it due to being narrow. However, after coming back to my wife's car to find the 4x4 next to it with a smashed window have changed that habit.

A mate parked in another multi storey in Manc and came back to find his SLC had a dented bonnet. Apparently the brick thieves used on the BMW next to it bounced off the window the first time.

Now come to the conclusion that a wll lit spot, preferably with two sides covered in an area with good foot fall is the best as broad daylight doesn't seem to be a deterrent.

#8 ·
I parked really close to the drivers door.
Lol once did something similar in a complete bucket, just because over parkers had left a narrow space, got out over my roof and left the car open.

#9 ·
I do park across 2 spaces in supermarket car parks but only when its not too busy, Because you can guarantee that in a big nigh on empty car park some muppet in a 4x4 will still park right next to you leaving inches between the doors :mad

This may not please everybody but if it saves my paint from clumsy people with no respect for my property then thats what i'll do.

#13 ·
at work i try and find parking at the end of the car npark so its next to the curb... and get my mate to park next to me so noone parks near my car.... ooops... ha

#18 ·
I park well away from others, in the end parking bay where possible or look for two well looked after motors to park between.

I always avoid parking next to a car with a kids seat, it's so easy to open the door further by accident when strapping a kid into the seat.

#26 ·
agree - try not to park between bangers or take my old ford

#19 ·

I understand why you do it but in my opinion its just going to invite somebody to mess with your car, for example key it all down one side. Especially a very indscreet car such as yours with huge great stickers slapped all over it and wheels painted blue. Love your car but its quite in your face!

Parking dents are a pain in the arse and quite upsetting but no matter what you do youll get them.

Just be thankful that the uk isnt like spain as here they couldnt give a flying one if they hit or knock your car. Watching them park makes me wince but neither party gives a toss if you tap the others car getting into a space.

#20 ·
Spain is worse, indeed. But UK isn't great either. I had my car at home (Romania) for about 2 years. It was mint, not a single scratch. People always watch twice before opening the door. Here, after 6 months, it was all covered with dents and scratched. It was quite painful in the beginning, but I got to the point where I don't give a damn about it anymore. Until I get it resprayed (or wrapped), and then hell starts all over again (jumping at the window in the middle of the night, parking over 2 spaces, looking for parking spaces next to poles/curbs and so on :hihi).

#21 ·
thats funny i was only talking about this yesterday !! it always makes me smile when i see what i consider "nice" cars parking together...always happens to me and i do the same...mutual respect i guess ? i would never park next to an unloved car......you never know what might happen...

#29 ·
That's what I do - look for other people with cared for cars to park next to. They generally treat other people cars with respect too.

Any car with bumps, scratches or signs that kids are gonna get in the back - avoid! :cool

#23 ·
If the car park is busy and I c a car (any car) parked over two spaces I will go out of my way to squeeze in next to it (but make a point of not nocking there car with my door) it annoys me summet rotten when the car park is busy and they think becouse they spent more on there car they have the right to take up two spaces....

#27 ·
parking like this angers me. this is the sort of selfish behaviour that makes people in dented, scratched, muddy land rovers park as close as possible to the side of someones pride and joy more a civic duty than anything else. ask me how i know:lol:cool your car may remain dent free (unless i've got a passenger:hihi) but your gonna be taking half of a field into your car on your clothes by the time you've squeezed past the side of my landy!

if your that worried about your car getting a knock or a chip then don't park it in a public car park. over the christmas period at work (small country pub but busy on food) we went through a phase of sending customers back outside to park their cars properly because we would lose on average 1/3 of the spaces to bad parking.

if you can't (or don't want to) use a car park properly then don't park there - simple!

#28 ·
There was a guy in the local ASDA the other day in his Mondeo, mad busy and there he was parked across two spaces and sat in his car waiting for someone, I mean come on, a Mondeo!

Have you ever found that even when you go to the trouble to park well away from the shop where there is maybe 10 empty spaces, when you come back some w*"ker has parked right next to you? Must be the herding instinct as it always seems to be women.

#30 ·
Is that the Asda in Prenton by any chance? Some right nobs in there.

Few years ago, I was sat in that car park in my brand new company Saab 93 aero I'd had for less than a week (had maybe 300 miles on the clock) with the baby in the back waiting for my ex to finish the shopping. I was in an end space out of the way minding my own business... next minute 'BANG!'... some pr*ck had dumped a trolley in the middle of the pavement adjacent to where I was parked, and it blew head on into the front of wing of my car :mad :frown Left a 2p sized dent and scratch

#31 ·
TBH the people I really blame in all this are the car park owners. Frequently the spaces are so bloody narrow that it doesn't matter how careful you are about being in the centre of your space, the distance between two sensibly parked cars just isn't enough to get in and out without risking damage to both your and the neighbouring car.

4 or 5 months ago we parked my wife's new daily in a car park in the middle of town, it was perfectly placed in the middle of the space. When we came back, the selfish twat that had been beside us had run a key down the side of the passenger door trashing her previously unmarked car. He obviously thought we hadn't left him enough space, but there'd been enough space for me to get out without marking his car. Now I take pictures of cars parked either side of me whenever I stop in situations like that.

If available, parent and child parking spaces I make a bee line for (I do have children in the car) and if the car park is busy, will wait as long as it takes to get one rather than risk some selfish careless twat damaging my car.

#33 ·
Childs bay round my way you can open the door fully and swing off the end of it and still miss the car opposite. She'd have to be pretty clumsy to still manage to damage it....................................and as I'm often sat in it with sleeping kids while err indoors does the shopping, said clumsy mumsy would get a nasty fright when a roaring ogre leapt out of the drivers seat to inspect the damage. :mad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.