BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

The parking habits of bmw drivers make me laugh !!!

Tags
habits
5K views 44 replies 34 participants last post by  MK330 
#1 ·
i went to decathlon today in the m3 and it was packed so i drove to the bottom of the carpark as i dont someone car park dinting my car up,as i was getting my little lad out a new m3 parked up next to me.it made me laugh at the extent we go to protect our motors from idiots.when i got back i chuckled more as a new vert had also parked up out of the way.

i park across two spaces as even at the bottom of a car park some muppet will go out of there way to park up against your car.

See less See more
#34 ·
I'm with Vista on all this - spaces are just too small - my car park at work is a classic - if I park my 330 vert 'sensibly' between 2 other sensibly parked cars, I cant get out as the doors are too long, and if I go to work in the range rover, it doesn't fit in a space - I'm on the white lines both sides...

#43 ·
Don't blame others for personal choices.

Most cars are small. End of.

Having a larger than average car had other side effects, more fuel consumption, more insurance, more jealousy from "scratchers", more road tax (for some) and on the hole we bite the bullet and accept them.

On the bright side there will usually be a couple of small cars in the middle of their spaces somewhere that means the space in between is suitably large.

#38 ·
I like others will not take up two spaces as it just attracts trouble.

I take my old fiesta to supermarkets or anywhere else where parking is an issue.

I would expect the supermarkets etc to cotton onto this issue and charge for larger spaces I'm sure people would pay a small premium to lessen the risks.

What doesn't help are SUV's + vans with windows such as Chrysler voyager/ grand voyager etc that are so mahoosive that they just don't fit into standard spaces.

#39 ·
Surely parking it across two spaces is only going to make it more likely someone is going to do something to your car due to the arrogance and lack of consideration? It certainly pees me off, I want my car protected as well - but I park away when I can, and still park neatly in my space - that way its much less likely that you're going to get hit/scraped, or have anyone feel like keying your car.

Even though you're a forum member and a fellow BMW owner, parking like that still riles me. It riles me even more considering you have to have deliberately parked across two spaces in this situation.
Yes you could say there was hardly any other cars there, but in that case surely you might as well park normally?

#40 ·
Having two kids for me helps as i find people give me more room if they see me parking next to them but agree some people dont care as long as there car doesnt get dinged.at work however my car has been scratched twice and both times the culprits had theres done back and one losing a wing mirror(electric)when he thought he would be clever blocking my drivers door,strangely enough no one parks near me now

#44 ·
I tend to park in 2 spaces sometimes, not all the time but some days like after i've washed the car yes Ill take two spaces.. Theres plenty others for everyone, call me a **** I really dont give a damn.. :hihi Yes I've also parked in disabled and parent and child spaces.. never when its busy though im not a full blown peni! :lol You might all hate me even more now but......RAM IT! :rofl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.