BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Number Plate Query

709 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Linkylinz 
#1 ·
Morning all,

I've noticed that the number plates on my E92 are looking shabby, peeling round the edge etc. So going to get some new ones made up, hopefully at the weekend.

Just wondering, what do they NEED to say underneath the actual reg mark?

We had our own made up for the Impreza when we first bought the personal number and underneath had - If it aint Jap it's crap - yeah I know childish :lol

The garage that does our MOTs always said that a BIB having a bad day could have a problem with that. The current one just says Arnold Clark :eek

#6 ·
Dont hold me to it but...

After the new style( 51> ) reg plates came out you need to have the BS stamp and the post code of where it was made. Before then ( < Y ) You only need to have the basic standards ( font/size/spacing etc)

Hope this helps,

and just for your amusment, a work mate of mine bought a 53 plate Ford Ka brand new from the dealership, so obv. they supplied plates etc, came up for MOT and they failed it on the plates they had supplied from new, then had the cheek to charge him for replacing them!

#7 ·
Dont hold me to it but...
and just for your amusment, a work mate of mine bought a 53 plate Ford Ka brand new from the dealership, so obv. they supplied plates etc, came up for MOT and they failed it on the plates they had supplied from new, then had the cheek to charge him for replacing them!
I know where I'd have shoved the plates :jaw-dropping

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.