BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Just got my first bimmer

707 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  pallarisari 
#1 ·
Hello there i have just brought my self a 1996 reg in 97 e36 316i sallon and never had a bmw before how often do you have to do oil changes and how do you turn of the service light. Thanks Alex

#3 ·
hi m8 and welcome reseting the service lights is easy as you only need a small peice of wire or a paper clip near the coil pack theres a round 20 pin plug connect pin 19 and pin 7 togther turn ignition on for 3-4 seconds turn off remove paper clip/wire and it resets your lights :thumbsup forgot to add id you leave it for around 10 seconds it also removes the inspection and the little clock picture to

#5 ·
no probs m8 as for the oil change i always do mine when i first brought my cars as you never know i do it tho for my own peice of mind the lights mean the fewer green that are on the next service is due the yellow lights with oil service and inspection means service routine is due and red lights means service routine is over due the clock symbol shows that the brake fluid is due to be changed as for changing the oil i change mine every 10000 miles or 12 months what ever comes sooner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.