BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Goodbye 330ci and hello 330d sport

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  dailydoggy 
#1 ·
Well yesturday i finally shifted my 330ci sport like i was talking about a while ago due to my increased driving and not wanting to spend £400 a month on fuel! I have replaced it with this little number

shes a 52 plate 330d sport, Last of the m57 run so no swirl flap horrors. Got a smidge over 100k on the clock but drives sweet as a nut and has a very tight gearbox on it (loving the short shift :thumbsup). Has alcantara interior which is what i was after can say i wont miss cleaning and treating leather. Came with full service history, hpi clear. only snag was it was a 160 mile each way trip. Did half a tank in the 330ci getting there and a 1/4 of a tank getting back going a wee bit faster than 70. Averaged 46 mpg :cool. One little thing that needs sorting is both the front fogs need replacing. i knew one was cracked but such is my luck i did the other one on the way home through the lanes :shifty:. 1st thing on my upgrade list is to get some projector headlights and xenon them :hihi. Might consider a remap in the near future.
I do have one query about the saloons though, Is it possible to get the body computer programmed to tilt the n/s mirror when in reverse? or is it a coupe only thing?

See less See more
#14 ·
Honestly id say gear to gear the 330d pulls alot harder than my coupe which i was pleasantly surprised at it just has a smaller power band. Im finding the gearbox with the short shift alot nicer than the one that was in my 330ci sport.

#15 ·
got a few little jobs done today after work,
Firstly adjusted the handbrake on the shoes, not the cables as someone had done before.
Fitted my new vortex oil sepreator
out with the old (very blocked)

and in with the new

Also whilst all the engine covers were off it would of been rude not to give the egr valve a decoke
didnt come up too bad, used the parafin bath at work then dremeld of the remaining crud and give it a good blow out with an air line

Still got my serivce to do next week then fit my new fogs which i got a pair for £56 delivered:thumbsup.
Then i can start playing, i can never leave any car i own alone :rofl

#17 ·
oil seperator isnt too bad to fit you just have to take quite a bit off to get access to it (theres a guide in the hw to). the egrwas working fine but i thought id decoke it whist i had that much off as it was 2 clips and 4 bolts to stop the possibility of it getting stuck.
Car still drive the same it was more prevantative maintainence, id rather pay £18 for a seperator than £500 for a turbo :hihi

#18 ·
500 for a turbo if you are lucky. They cost 1500 but i guess you can get a used one. But i hope you enjoy the 330d as in fact i am planing to get one to seeing as the petrol is getting seriously out of hand with the price that is fetching these days. Enjoy your diesel mate. Tell me how many bhp has your one is it still the 184 bhp or the later version of 204?:thumbsup

#19 ·
Just changed the oil separator and air filter, the separator was the revised item and i went for an o.e airfilter as my car had a k and n fitted. The old loo roll filter was completely caked with oil and was really hard like rubber so probably not doing anything.

If anyone has a higher mileage car these parts are well worth changing as i have noticed more low rpm pickup and a much smoother rev range, well chuffed!

#24 ·
ide be wary of heavy or severe remapping at that sort of mileage if you want cast iron reliability and no hefty potential bills..

i doubt the DMF with that sort of mileage would take kindly to any sort of a hefty remap torque and BHP increases they get battered on the big diesels as it is....

#25 ·
Nah i had a good think about it and decided against it a while ago. Its my daily drive and theres nothing wrong with it atm (touch wood) so i dont want to cause any problems. Bosch cp3 high pressure pumps and injectors were iffy at the best of times on vans running much less power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.