BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E46 318i Pics with Eibachs Fitted

Tags
eibachs
3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  adam.wilkinson 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, some of you might have read that I recently had a bit of a supprise whilst driving the car. :lol Doing about 40 and the all of a sudden massive band, car dropped on it's ar$3 and then I could smell burning rubber and blue smoke pouring out of the drivers arch. JOY

Anyway. When I got out and had a look this is what I saw :lol :rofl :jaw-dropping

View from above,

And the bottom of the spring,

Every cloud has a silver lining and all that, Eibachs were ordered from Lark Speed in Leeds, and they arrived the following morning! :thumbsup

In the box,

Old rear spring compared to the new,

How the car sat before

#

and with the Eibach springs fitted,

Only done 100 miles so far. They should settle a bit more and then 4 wheel allignment will be done! :thumbsup

Also gave it a quick polish using Auto glym SRP and a layer of collonite 476.

It needs a good going over with the machine polisher, but I need a full day to get on with that :mad

Thanks for looking

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks chaps! Ye it did look quite good on it's arse...

They are the pro-kit prings and they are fantastic, ride is soooooo much better! Much smoother all round, you can feel the difference going over speed bumps but appart from that they are well worth it.

#8 ·
Looks good mate, you'll be happy with those! I had Eibachs on my old E30 touring, nice balance between ride and handling and gave it a great stance......I'll be putting some on my E46 when funds allow....

#9 ·
Nice :)
Glad no other damage done. I prefer my car slightly lower but it certainly looks a lot better than before (standard).
Shiney shiney too lol fancy doing mine ?

#12 ·
Thanks for the comments folks! They are brilliant springs, and soooooo glad I went with Eibach instead of Jammex etc.

They are 17" wheels and it's dropped it about 25mm at the rear and about 30 at the front. Altho it should settle slightly lower once I have got a few miles on them.

And I will clean any car! I have an OCD with it, the Mrs hates it!lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.