BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E46 2002 320d - catalytic converter quality

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  corey11975 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm needing an under floor catalytic converter (2nd cat) and the prices i've been quoted for the top brands are pretty scary. It won't repair as its almost ready to snap in two so therefore in need of replacement. The budget ones are obviously the cheaper prices (£200-£300) but my question is will the budget cats affect the performance of the car significantly? The guys that ive spoken to state that the cats have to be of a certain standard now or else they get fined so gone are the days of putting absolute garbage cats on cars. Is this sales patter or is there any truth in it? Any help much appreciated.

Ian

#3 ·
Sadly its a catch 22 situation buy a cheap one and they seem to fail early buy the expensive one and they seem to last longer I opted for a expensive one and its lasted well I got a stainless steal exhaust system at the same time it gives you piece of mind really as lasts a long time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.